Search for content in message boards

I have a tribe and a clan, but no NDN family.

Replies: 1

I have a tribe and a clan, but no NDN family.

Posted: 7 Feb 2012 3:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Feb 2012 10:19PM GMT
I am Tenetke Yvhv. I was so named at the Creek Council in Oklahoma City many years ago with Chief Fife. I was born in Oklahoma City in 1960, and was given over for adoption immediately. I know this must have been hard, but probably a prudent choice. I have been raised by white people with a degree of Creek blood, but I was raised white. But I knew I was indian, but was never really sure what tribe i belonged to. So, I adopted and learned many customs from many tribes. I speak a little Lakota, Comanche, Navajo, very little Creek. When I was 27, my mother helped me get a court order, and I broke into my birth records to prove my lineage and heritage. I made one attempt through the council in OKC to contact my mother discretely, so as to not cause her any shame or embarassment, or shock. I never heard from her. But my friend that knew her said i had almost ten brothers and sisters. I would be the eldest. I am descended from Siah Green and Minnie Washington. I believe I am Wind Clan. I do not wish to disturb my maternal family, as I was raised by very loving folks, and wanted for nothing but brothers and sisters. I am the only child of my parents. So, I am a man of Creek blood, Wind Clan, and not a single known indian relative to wrap my arms around. No one to teach me the ways of the Este Mvskokvlke, Creek Nation. I have a sad heart, but a proud spirit. I am divorced, and my children are grown. In my elder years, I look for brothers or sisters that are interested. Mvto. Cybrsavag2004@yahoo.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
TenetkeYvhv 7 Feb 2012 10:32AM GMT 
jessicatabor0... 22 Feb 2012 4:30PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions