Search for content in message boards

Simanek/Hanus in Omaha

Replies: 0

Simanek/Hanus in Omaha

Posted: 9 Aug 2012 4:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Simanek Hanus Dolezal Nemec
Hi, I am stumped on where to look next for any info about my Great-grandparents, Martin I. Simanek and Lena (Eleanora) Hanus from Omaha, NE. This is what I know:
He was born in 1868 and she in 1872, both in Bohemia.
He immigrated in 1887 and she in 1891.
One of his first places of employment was working for a Vaclav Kucera at his dance hall.
He lived and worked with a John Simanek (married to Antonia Nemec) most of his life but I do not know their relationship.
In 1889 he was working as a barkeep on 13th st. and William, Omaha at a Bohemian Dance Hall and Saloon called Simanek and Kuca (or Kutcha) owned by John Simanek and Albert Kutcha. Lena Hanus is also listed as working there as a dishwasher right before they were married in 1896.
As for Lena I have very little information on her except that in 1905, when she was pregnant with her 4th child, she fell down a flight of stairs and died a few days later from "blood poisoning". I have found her grave in the Bohemian National Cemetery in Omaha. A few years later he married a Mary Dolezal also from Omaha, whom I also can't find any information on.
I would really like to know if anyone recognizes Martin and Lena and knows who their parents are, any relatives, where they came from in Bohemia and if they came with anyone else. I cannot find any of them on immigration records. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've exhausted all my resources.

Vicki from Michigan

Find a board about a specific topic