NY>IL /Irish in New York family history & genealogy message board. Hosted by Ancestry.com. Forum of community contributed messages helping members research the "Michael/Mary (Connell) Woods" +Family Kerry,IRE>NY>IL /Irish in New York topic."/> NY>IL , , , Ancestry, Genealogy, Family, History, Family History, Ancestors, Community, relatives, surnames "/> "Michael/Mary (Connell) Woods" +Family Kerry,IRE>NY>IL - Irish in New York - Family History & Genealogy Message Board - Ancestry.com

Search for content in message boards

"Michael/Mary (Connell) Woods" +Family Kerry,IRE>NY>IL

Replies: 0

"Michael/Mary (Connell) Woods" +Family Kerry,IRE>NY>IL

Posted: 20 Sep 2012 4:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Woods, Connell
I'm looking for some help in finding a Woods/Wood family that left Dingle, Corkaguiny, Co. Kerry, Ireland and arrived in U.S. 1847 (based on info that a daughter, Johanna, b.1844 died at sea at 3 yrs old). We know that a brother, John Woods (b. 1840) put an adver. in the Boston Pilot a message seeking info on his brother, Michael Woods(b.1830), said last known residence was Rome, NY in 1848 (1st location), and stated where they had come from in IRE. John listed himself as living in Mount Sterling, IL as of 13 Aug 1853 the date of his msg. I have some info on this family, I do not know what ship, or what year they immig for certain, I haven't located any docs to show date they arrived. Their parents are known to have died not long after arriving, their mother possibly after giving birth to last child, in 1856 in NY-we think. (this would be my great grandfather, Joseph Michael Woods,1856-1938) We know nothing of what became of the brother Michael. We don't have anything on their parents except some info on their marriage and 3 of their kids baptisms in Co. Kerry.
Any suggestions are happily received,
I do not need research done for me, just an idea of where to look for info, what to look for.
Jennifer Heer Norman
heergenealogy@gmail.com

Find a board about a specific topic