Search for content in message boards

ask and ye shall recieve....

Replies: 1

ask and ye shall recieve....

Posted: 7 Jul 2009 2:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
i have been doing my family research on and off for nearly 12 years.

i am on quite intimate terms with many of the books on the shelves of the history room of our library...(our history room is one of the top 2 in N.C.)....

and every so often i hit a brick wall in either direction on the tree, you know how it is...(i come about once a week usually)....

sometimes i just get fed up. after a couple weeks of beating my head against this brick wall, i will walk back to the usual stacks where i can be found and in a low whisper say "Please, just a name or a date, give me something."

inevitably i will run across a book that i haven't noticed before (which, based on my patronage of the library, is unlikely).

but then a couple weeks later, i won't be able to find the book!!! i'll go to the lady at the desk, give her the title of the book, sometimes even the call number, and she can't even find it in the library computer....it's like the book never existed in our library!!! but i have the name of a book, the page number, etc. of the info that i found...
and the woman will even admit that she saw me looking at a book (once i describe the color of the cover, etc).

and it's rare for me to run across any of these "unknown" books again...so i can say that prayer, but it's usually a one shot deal with the info i find with it...if i don't write it down, i'm screwed. i learned that the hard way.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
felonymelanie 7 Jul 2009 8:13PM GMT 
Mary Packard 20 Apr 2011 10:52PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic