Search for content in message boards

Anna Smethers (Smyrna, NY) memory album containing Galloway, Hitchcock & Nourse family info

Replies: 0

Anna Smethers (Smyrna, NY) memory album containing Galloway, Hitchcock & Nourse family info

Posted: 12 Jan 2013 9:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smethers, Galloway, Hitchcock & Nourse
I came into possession of a memory book from the 1880's belonging to a Miss Anna Smethers. (Smyrna, NY Chenango Co.) She had a sister Myra.

The book includes loving sentiments, birthdays and also some deaths. Included amongst them is an entire list of Galloways from Pompey including Henry Edward, Donald Wilbur, Ethel E, Mable Ellen, Edith Lola, Hattie Eliza, Margaret Lydia, Charles H and Ada H.

It has entries from "Mama" Winifred Hitchcock listing all of the Hitchcock childrens birthdays including Jerry, Arthur, Ada, Mildred and Mary. It also includes the death of Helen Hitchcock Knowlton of Homer, NY buried at Erieville November 17, 1903.

The Nourse family is listed as a later addition but birthdays are incomplete. LaVurne, Julice (Julia?) Anna, Floyd, Laura, Irving, Rush Arthur, James, Harold, Doris, Bertha, Robert and Blanch.

I have scanned the album in its entirety so please feel free to contact me via email if you would like a copy of the information I have. It is wonderful!!

Aimeejanie@hotmail.com

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions