Search for content in message boards

Magill family materials

Replies: 2

Re: Magill family materials

Posted: 8 Jan 2014 8:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi There,
Somebody unrelated forwarded me this thread and so I have very quickly tried to scan my family trees to see why he felt I might be interested in this one. I do have a large Foster family ancestry that once lived in Klamath Falls, Medford, and Phoenix, Oregon. However, the only Irene Foster I have on my tree was actually a step-daughter (ie not a blood relative) to a Parrick family member named Edson Parrick. The Parrick side of the family supposedly didn't know the Fosters at that time, but you just never know. It wasn't until the 1920's or so that a Foster of mine actually married a Parrick, and that was my great grandmother Laura Fern Parrick who married a Walter Louis Foster. They went to live in Klamath Falls around that time and lived there all of their lives. Just prior to that the Fosters and the Parricks did live across the road from each other in Phoenix, Oregon where they supposedly all worked in the orchard business for what is now known as Harry & David's.

It is such a mess to explain but my gut tells me that the pieces of information you have may never make any sense for my family research. Darn it.

In the case of my own Irene Foster: this particular Irene Foster seemingly would have Foster as her maiden name, however, and wouldn't be a "Mrs. Foster." Her full name would have been Irene Grace Foster and her mother was Ida Stanley (who married three times). Ida's 3rd husband, Edson Parrick, lost his two sons when she ran off on him and took them with her; but if my memory serves, this particular Irene did live in his home, as did a sister of hers also named Foster. As for the sons Edson lost, she changed their last names so it would be hard to find them and lived or had them live with her parents in Tillamook, OR or thereabouts. My memory may be wrong. She was apparently a character according to the family of those two sons, as in she was a woman of not much integrity. They didn't know how the Foster stepdaughters were related exactly, but they were the oldest of Ida Stanley's children in all of the census documents we can find.

The Irene Grace Foster I have died in the 50's, I think, in Portland, Multnomah Co., OR. This is one of the messiest tangles in my family tree and I wish I could be more help. You are so wonderful for even putting this out there to the public and seeking to make these photos "at home."

JW

I don't know if this will be of any use. I'm certainly thoroughly confused.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
giunfra 25 Aug 2013 7:01PM GMT 
kumeyaayindia... 12 Dec 2013 3:51PM GMT 
want2buythewo... 9 Jan 2014 3:48AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions