Search for content in message boards

Magill family materials

Replies: 2

Magill family materials

Posted: 25 Aug 2013 1:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Magill, Cunningham, Foster, Morrison
Dear Magill family,
Several years ago, I was given research materials by a friend, who no longer wanted to store them. Most of them pertained to Yamhill County, Oregon, but among these is a notebook containing correspondence between a W.W. Morrison (then living in Cheyenne, WY) and Mrs. Irene Foster, then living in Klamath Falls, OR. The letters date ca. 1946 and mention the Magill family of Caleb W. and Nancy Gregg, among others, it appears that Mr. Morrison was in possession of some old diaries from people who had been on the Oregon Trail, including that of Nathan Pattison.

There are some photographs with this notebook of correspondence, three cartes de visite, one of a woman taken in Brownville, NB. On the back of these three reads "Foster." There is a picture of Wanda Morrison and one of W.W. Morrison, who worked for the Union Pacific Railway in Cheyenne.

I cannot find any tie to Yamhill County and do not want them to be donated to a facility where they would not be appreciated. Polk County is apparently where Martha and Nancy Magill are buried, so perhaps they might want these materials, but I thought I would reach out to family first. Please let me know if any of you might appreciate these letters and are wanting to preserve them.

Kind regards,
Elerina
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
giunfra 25 Aug 2013 7:01PM GMT 
kumeyaayindia... 12 Dec 2013 3:51PM GMT 
want2buythewo... 9 Jan 2014 3:48AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic