Search for content in message boards

Josephine H (Hofbauer?) Ball's Bank Book Philadelphia / Daytona

Replies: 1

Josephine H (Hofbauer?) Ball's Bank Book Philadelphia / Daytona

Posted: 2 Apr 2014 10:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Boyan, Hofbauer, Ball
I almost forgot about this little bank book my granddad had given me that belonged to Josephine H Ball's. I've always had a difficult time placing her in my tree - all I knew was that she was my great, great grandmother's aunt - which side I didn't know. ...
Well, I was looking through this little book which at first I wrote off since it just had her name and bunch of dates and deposits BUT when I flipped to the back it had a name and address : Robert Boyan - 537 West Erie Ave, Philadelphia, PA. So I did a quick search and found a Robert Boyan that lived on Erie Ave in 1940 with his wife Bertha (Hofbauer).
Here is where I need help. Bertha was born around 1889 where as Josephine was born around 1858. - I first thought they could have been sisters but the age range is pretty substantial. Next thought was maybe Josephine had a brother (one that I am unaware of) who had a daughter - Bertha.
I took a picture of the back cover with the address and name. (it's attached) Can you make out what it says after My... it looks like brothers and after that I can't make it out. I can read the address but those two little words are driving me crazy that I can't read them.
Any advice on how to figure out the relationship between Josephine and the name & address on the bank book? At the time, Josephine lived in Florida running a hotel in Daytona Beach - she had family that lived in PA.
Thanks in advance..
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Karoline_Joyn... 2 Apr 2014 4:40PM GMT 
skizzoshop 20 Apr 2014 8:50AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic