Search for content in message boards

identify this please?

Replies: 1

identify this please?

Posted: 15 Dec 2011 2:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LeBon
So, to sum this all up. i found this plaque my grandfather had, its apparently been passed down, we are from French desent and our surname is LeBon, and we still have pictures of our french ancestors coming over to america..now before i get a lecture on 'there is no arms for surnames' let me say ive read the faq and understand this. anyhow, this plaque intrigues me and i wish to get further opinions or help regaurding its authenticity. It does not appear to be a cheap peice of wood,, or metal..im not sure really. it has very intricate carvings to say the least and is a very solid plaque. it still has some color too it, but it is kind of dirty looking, and i was told if it had a surname with it was possible fake, well it does have a surname on a banderole below it but it is quite faint as opposed to the whole piece and is spelled "le bon" which means 'the good' in francias.. which makes me think maybe its a motto? wither way id like some opinions and any help would be appreciated! thank you!
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
travis_michae... 15 Dec 2011 9:09PM GMT 
gjks 16 Dec 2011 1:10PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic