Search for content in message boards

Anyone know anything about these Drake Arms - Yorkshire

Replies: 3

Re: Anyone know anything about these Drake Arms - Yorkshire

Posted: 5 Jun 2012 11:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Nicole.

I'm sorry to be the one to advise you that tracing your present paternal (and maternal) bloodlines back to a possible armiger is fraught with frustration. I know as I've taken 30-odd years to trace back 17 generations to the 1490s with just my late Father's surname whish is quite a rare surname in the English=speaking world.

I have only managed to get back to the early 1800s for my late Mother's paternal pedigree as her surname was more abundant thereby creating numerous blind alleys when researching - my mother's surname was Smith and I'm sure you know just how abundant that surname is in relation to British genealogy.

That's also why there are over 500+ coats of arms registered in the surname of Smith in Britain. And again, that's why you have to do the proper thing and get that paternal pedigree traced back in order to verify whether the person (armiger) you are looking at is actually blood related.

If you care to email me at gjksau (at) yahoo.com.au I'll send you some of the Drake/Drakes things that I found on an initial search amongst my records.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Copakids 2 Jun 2012 10:25AM GMT 
gjks 5 Jun 2012 2:09AM GMT 
Copakids 5 Jun 2012 9:51AM GMT 
gjks 6 Jun 2012 5:49AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic