Search for content in message boards

HELP - Lookups needed - ZUKOW (ZUK/ZUKOWSKY). Information needed.

Replies: 2

HELP - Lookups needed - ZUKOW (ZUK/ZUKOWSKY). Information needed.

Posted: 14 Mar 2014 11:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
If anyone has access to any relevant records, I am seeking lookups for information on:

Anton (alternate spellings Antoni, Anthony) ZUKOW (alternate spellings ZUK/ZUKOWSKY/ZUKOWSKI, maybe even with an "H" ZHUK), born 10/19/1893 in Poland, possible birth place Grodno. parents unknown. Single, no children (as far as I know). I have no idea when he arrived in Canada.

In May 1929, under the name Anthony ZUKOW he filed a Declaration of Intention, stating he entered the US through Buffalo, NY on June 15, 1914.

In December 1931, he was issued a Certificate of Arrival from the US Department of Labor. This document states his Port of Entry: Buffalo, NY, Name: Anton ZUK (now ZUKOW), Date: June 15, 1914, Manner of Arrival: Train

In March 1932, he filed a Petition for Citizenship under the name Anthony ZUKOW ZUKOWSKY, and in that document he states that his last foreign residence was Hamilton, Canada, at the time he entered the US his name was Anton ZUK (Anthony ZUKOW now) on June 15, 1914.

I would like to find any documentation of him coming from Poland arriving in Canada, any record of him residing in Canada-census records, any mention of him anywhere in Canada (directories, etc), I am not sure if I can get records of him coming into the US through Buffalo. I am trying to find out his true name, maybe names of parents or relatives, really anything about him.

Please help, this man has been nothing but a mystery.

Thank you, Cheryl
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cdiwankmuelle... 14 Mar 2014 5:12PM GMT 
margaretfergu... 15 Mar 2014 5:25PM GMT 
cdiwankmuelle... 16 Mar 2014 5:15PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic