Search for content in message boards

Looking for Eileen Martin b. 1919 Liverpool England emigrated to Canada with mother Sarah

Replies: 1

Looking for Eileen Martin b. 1919 Liverpool England emigrated to Canada with mother Sarah

Posted: 28 Jul 2014 6:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Martin, Reid
Hello and thanks for reading my post. I have a difficult subject to research. I am trying to find out more about my paternal Grandmother who was from Liverpool, England. In the family almost nothing is known, and we have no records left so I am looking for help on where to get started or how to narrow it down.

Here's what I know!

Name: Eileen Martin
Born: 1919 in Liverpool England
Mother's Name: Sarah Martin (maiden name ?)

They emigrated to Canada some time after 1919 but relatively soon as the family believed she was a child in Bruce County, Ontario, Canada. Her mother remarried and was known as Sarah Reid to the family but I am not sure if she married in Canada upon arriving or if she married in England prior to leaving.

And that's all I have unfortunately. I would really really appreciate any leads any one might have or even how I should approach this research. I have done some simple searches but it seems hard to piece together. Help! :)

Thanks to all you read this and even more thanks to any help I can receive,

Many thanks, Jamie
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jamie Zettle 29 Jul 2014 12:10AM GMT 
2_Guitard 15 Sep 2014 5:03PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic