Search for content in message boards

Searching for William Johnson and Evangeline/Angeline Allen

Replies: 0

Searching for William Johnson and Evangeline/Angeline Allen

Posted: 5 Nov 2012 7:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Allen, Johnson, Carrigan, Sawyer
Hello! Hoping to find some assistance with William Johnson (b. 1856 - d. 1931 and Evangeline/Angeline Allen (b. 1862 - d. 1896). They are my 2x great grandparents, but I'm having difficulty finding information about William's family entirely, and about Evangeline's family before they came to New Brunswick. Both families are from Ireland.

I received some wonderful help regarding Evangeline's family through this board a while back, so here is some information on her, for reference:

-- Her parents where John Palmer Allen and Mary Ann Carrigan (who later married John Carr). John's parents where John Allen and Ellen Sawyer. I see there are a few Allens in the area, but not sure how they are all related.

Here's what I have on William and would appreciate any help finding really anything on him other than what's listed below (and willing to share whatever I have, too):

-- William Johnson b. 14 Jun 1856 in New Brunswick, d. 28 Jul 1931 in Aitkin, Minnesota. Parents unknown but were of Irish descent.
-- In the 1881 Census, William was living with a Blair family, listed immediately before the Allens on the census form. He was a lumberman.
-- He married Angeline/Evangeline Allen in Oct 1881, and they were listed as being from Lincoln, Sunbury New Brunswick. Their witnesses were Evangeline's sister, Ida/Adah, and her (apparent) stepbrother Bedford Carr.
-- By 1885-1890 William and Evangeline were living in Minnesota, but may have also been in Maine for a time.
-- While in Minnesota, they had three children, and Evangeline (aka Lena) died in 1896 shortly after the birth of their third son.
-- After she died William married a woman named Nellie Brown, while living in Morrison County, Minnesota, but they did not remain married for very long.

Thanks in advance for any information you can share!

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions