Search for content in message boards

Interpretation of Birth Certificate of Ukrainian immigrant requested

Replies: 3

Interpretation of Birth Certificate of Ukrainian immigrant requested

Posted: 16 Oct 2013 1:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: TURCZYN TURCHYN
My maternal grandfather's sister, of Ukrainian ethnicity (TURCZYN / TURCHYN), emigrated to Canada in 1929 from what was then Poland (Austro-Hungarian Empire). In 1968 she appears to have obtained a re-issued copy of her birth certificate. By that time the issuing authority was based in the USSR and it arrived on a form using Cyrillic.

When I got possession of this document, it was accompanied by an unknown translator's version of the contents. This translation contains 3 names in parentheses. I do not know what these names (surnames? first names? maternal maiden names?) represent in the context of the original document. I am seeking the opinion of anyone familiar with this type of document issued in the USSR.

The names on this birth certificate may be providing me with huge clues as to the identity of the ancestors of my grandfather (her brother) -- something I have no knowledge of and no way of obtaining from living relations. I have attached an images of the birth certificate, the typed translation (with my comments added in red), and an enlargement of the name given to the 'field' (in Cyrillic) in which each of these 3 names was entered.

Sincere thanks in advance for any assistance provided.

Vicki
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
BresPet 16 Oct 2013 7:16PM GMT 
rwf_TO 16 Oct 2013 10:47PM GMT 
BresPet 16 Oct 2013 11:23PM GMT 
rwf_TO 20 Oct 2013 2:21AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic