Search for content in message boards

Yurgartis

Replies: 12

Re: Yurgartis

Posted: 31 Aug 2012 9:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi I was wondering if you ever found anything on your family out? I ran in to this Stanley when I was looking for my ancestor, Stanley. If you go on the Ellis Island site there is a Stanislaw Jurgaitis who came to the states in 1913. He was 25 at the time. I originally thought he was my great-great-grandpa, but then i realized my great-grandma was born in 1912 in Chicago, so there was no way he was my great-great-grandpa. My great-great grandpa was a Stanislaw (Stanley Jurgaitis) who was born in 1888 in Lithuania, he mairred a Julia (Gribauskas), his mother was a Ryaine Kumbritute, and father Charles? On his marriage license his name was listed as Jurgaites, on his death record it was Jurgaitis, on my great-grandma's birth certificate the surname is Yurgaites, and her sister obit said Jurgaiciutes. so their are several spellings of the name, which makes it a pain to find records, because you don't know how their name was transcribed at the time. but i think the Stanley you are looking for is the one I was talking about on the Ellis Island website.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Robert Jerin 12 May 2010 11:04AM GMT 
mc4042 14 May 2010 12:42AM GMT 
smithste11 1 Sep 2012 3:25AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions