Search for content in message boards

MESSINA,SICILY

Replies: 8

Re: MESSINA,SICILY

Posted: 4 Oct 2011 8:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear Sir,
I have no reason to doubt your explantion, but in all due respect when a relative of age in a Siclian family tells you the name was changed, then I will certainly have to believe a relative. I have been doing genealogy since I was 16 in grave yards, I AM NOW 58, I have researched my father's side, my mother's side, and these are my husband's people that go back to MESSINA, my husband went there on a tour of duty, he did not desire to look up the family, but his sister is looking for their roots, people in Messina, the first generation came in at ELLIS Island, and the comment of both father and uncle were they never forgave the Eliis Island entry of changing their name, it was RAZZA or RAZZIA, but I have written to the Jewish Gen, for Razza is Jewish by it roots, and my husband when in Jerusalem was constantly asked was he a Jew and our son is always been told he is Jewish. So there were name changes, some for the reason I just stated, JEWS were not well liked in AMERICA, even so they were CATHOLIC by faith, but I do believe once the true ROOT is found, will find the line will be Jewish, which I am waiting to find a ROSA IN MESSINA, so it is not just a story, these are facts.

Thank you for replying.

Johnnie Ruth Rosa
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
TheMafiaGirl 22 Sep 2011 3:11AM GMT 
oaktreencc170... 25 Sep 2011 9:46PM GMT 
Robert Jerin 3 Oct 2011 12:38PM GMT 
oaktreencc170... 4 Oct 2011 2:11PM GMT 
sflint2 29 Dec 2011 9:06PM GMT 
oaktreencc170... 29 Dec 2011 11:11PM GMT 
sflint2 29 Dec 2011 11:29PM GMT 
TheMafiaGirl 6 Jul 2013 10:21PM GMT 
LostQuays 7 Jul 2013 2:15AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions