Search for content in message boards

Passenger arrival information in England 1887, Gothenburg-Hull

Replies: 0

Passenger arrival information in England 1887, Gothenburg-Hull

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 4:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lundström, Lundstrom
I'm looking for info on Nils Johan Lundström, born 13 apr 1867 in Nederluleå församling, Luleå, Sweden. He left Sweden 1887 for America (Stambaugh, Michigan).

I believe I have found his departure date being 1887-06-24 from Gothenburg. He is named as Nils I Lundström in the emigration records. Unfortunately I don't yet know which ship he was on, only that it was via the Wilson line.

I also believe that emigration to America usually went via Hull, train to Liverpool, then another ship to America. The problem is that I haven't found any info on him in the UK. Are there arrival lists for Hull? Are there departure lists for Liverpool? Where do I find these? Ancestry have records of "UK, Aliens Entry Books, 1794-1921", but do not seem to cover the period after 1849... or am I mistaken?

I have found a possible entry in America, from the 1900 U.S. census, where there is a John Lundstrom who lived in Telluride, San Miguel County, Colorado. Obviously I need to connect this name with my relative by tracing his travel route, which initially went via Hull and Liverpool.

How can I find more info on the Hull entry and the Liverpool departure? Is there any information on various ships' departure/arrival dates?

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions