Search for content in message boards

DONNELLY FAMILY: MARTIN MARRIED BRIDGET SMITH

Replies: 2

Re: DONNELLYFAMILY: MARTIN MARRIED BRIDGET SMITH

Posted: 8 Jun 2013 7:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Donnelly/Donnellan
I tried searching for the Donnelly's in Ireland, but I needed a place of birth for them. I picked Tessie (Teresa) and tried to see if I could find out where she was born. I know from your records that she married Arthur Krulish, so that helped a little bit, because I know that she was living in New York.

I think that when Arthur died, Teresa reverted to the name Donellan, because I found a Teresa Donnellan, b 1887, aged 69, departing New York and arriving at Southampton on 17th July 1957. She was on the MAURETANIA, she was a typist, and the address she was going to was: C/o American Express, London.

The ships passenger list said she intended staying 1 month.

However, I found that a Teresa Donnellan aged 70, b 1888, had died at Carrick-on-Shannon, Co Leitrim, Ireland in 1958, and this made me wonder if Teresa had taken unwell while in the UK and had gone to Ireland.

Because she died at Carrick on Shannon, I tried to find out if a Teresa Donnellan was born there around 1888.
Surprisingly, a Teresa Donnelly was born 1st qu 1888 at Carrick-on-Shannon. Vol 3 Page 55.

It could be that the Donnellans came from there, and you may be able to get proof, perhaps. I didn't see anything for Martin and Bridget.

Do you know if Teresa was a typist? If she was, then it is more than likely to be her who made the voyage on the MAURETANIA above.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
brianwhalen65 11 Oct 2012 4:05AM GMT 
BrianMartin62... 8 Jun 2013 1:04PM GMT 
brianwhalen65 8 Jun 2013 6:56PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions