Search for content in message boards

Glasgow to New York in early 1911 arriving in April abord the ship Columbia: henry shepherd b.1880

Replies: 0

Glasgow to New York in early 1911 arriving in April abord the ship Columbia: henry shepherd b.1880

Posted: 17 Mar 2011 3:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 May 2011 9:53AM GMT
Surnames: Shepherd, Parks
I am trying to find information on my Grandfather Henry Shepherd who was born in Aberdeen and sailed from Glasgow to New York in early 1911 arriving in April abord the ship Columbia. As I cannot find him on the passenger lists and he left behind a heavily pregnant wife and two young sons I think he may have been a crew member. He was a waiter and possibly worked as one on board. Unfortunately his wife died while he was away and he appears to have stayed, eventually signing up for the Canadian army during the first world war. The next record I have for him is entering Niagara Falls USA on 23rd march 1919 to stay with a Mr Parks in Brooklyn. After this I can find no more info. Whether he remarried or when and where he died. Any help would be gratefuly appreciated. Thankyou

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions