Search for content in message boards

Charles Johnson b. abt 1855 Sweden

Replies: 16

Re: Ang: Re: Ang: Re: Charles Johnson b. abt 1855 Sweden

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 7:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Sandra, I see the confusion just keeps going. My mother before she died said that he Charles Johnson had been in the USA 10 years before her grandmother Carrie Anderson Johnson who got here in 1881. I don't know where the confusion is at, if it is his birth date or the area which he was suppose to be from???

On one of the marriage license of his daughter it shows his name as Charles E. Johnson. Another record shows the mother as Mary Olsen as mother of the bride for another daughter. Now maybe there are clues with some of what is wrote? I found Carrie because one daughter had Carrie Gorgensen (Jorgenson)The name Jorgenson was her grandfathers name who raised her after her mother died when she was born and brought her and his family to the USA.

I know the sound of names were written down because lots of times that is the only way some people could write. Is there any other thing I could go to and look for him? I do not have the Swedish ancestry to look anything up. Is there a way that it might be a smaller city closer to Stockholm? Or just the name and date of birth?

Another thing he was suppose to be 18 years old when he came to the USA and he was the only one who came. I don't know if he had family in Sweden, because he never spoke of his family to any other family members. For all I know he could have been running away from something back there or maybe he was an orphan? I know that he has to be somewhere or there has to be some way of looking on a doccument to see where he came from. I don't know where he was naturalized, Michigan or NY area after he came in? I wouldn't know how to check since there are so many Charles Johnson's out there. I KNOW he owned a sawmill and worked it with his son and son in laws. I know he owned property in Faithorn Michigan I know he lost his home and divorced. The divorce decree I have and it never mentions anything about where he came from. But there just has to be a way we can locate him. Thanks Rita
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Virginiars123 3 Jan 2013 8:31PM GMT 
sandra_wenner... 5 Jan 2013 8:11PM GMT 
Virginiars123 5 Jan 2013 9:17PM GMT 
Virginiars123 5 Jan 2013 9:28PM GMT 
Virginiars123 5 Jan 2013 9:29PM GMT 
sandra_wenner... 5 Jan 2013 9:42PM GMT 
Virginiars123 6 Jan 2013 2:06AM GMT 
sandra_wenner... 6 Jan 2013 2:19PM GMT 
sandra_wenner... 7 Jan 2013 10:41AM GMT 
Virginiars123 7 Jan 2013 2:20PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions