Search for content in message boards

SCHILL, Johannes and Maria - arrived in Canada from Bessarabia in 1930

Replies: 8

Re: SCHILL, Johannes and Maria - arrived in Canada from Bessarabia in 1930

Posted: 14 May 2012 3:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Schill
Hi,

I am Ralph Schweitzer. My mother was your grandfather's sister. You are correct that there was a Gary as well. He committed suicide in 1999.

Hilda's husband is Al, and as far as I know their gravel business in Ft. St. John is now run by their son Brent. and possibly Dwayne as well.

Gust and Clarice's other child passed away by drowning in the Pitt River behind their farm if I remember correctly.

The last I saw Gordon he was living in Likely, B.C. working in the Forestry.

It is possible that June is still alive but has severe dimensia. My mother Freda and Hilda are still alive.

Erna's first husband's name was Bill. I am sure that Erna was older than Ella, so you could have the birth dates mixed up. We called Erna's son "Dickie". I guess that was short for Richard.

John's other child was/is Gail.

My mother's first husband was Leonard, and he committed suicide after a 2nd heart bypass failed about 2002, and her 2nd husband Ronald passed away from cancer in 2007. My mother lives alone in Princeton, B.C. and is doing well.

You had an uncle Donald who was my age. He committed suicide at age 19. I was closer to him than any other cousin on that side of the family. I was with your uncle Gus in the search party that found his body.

So, .. whose daughter are you? Lori's?

If you have any questions I will try to answer.

Take care,

Ralph Schweitzer
Salmon Arm, B.C.
grade_a@telus.net
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Preserverofth... 18 Mar 2010 6:12AM GMT 
JerryFrank59 18 Mar 2010 2:06PM GMT 
Preserverofth... 18 Mar 2010 2:39PM GMT 
aajs46 8 Jun 2011 2:37AM GMT 
german_rulz 10 Feb 2012 6:40AM GMT 
grade_a1 14 May 2012 9:26PM GMT 
BenSchill 30 May 2012 11:33PM GMT