Search for content in message boards

Was there any particular process a person had to go through to come to the US from another country?

Replies: 0

Was there any particular process a person had to go through to come to the US from another country?

Posted: 30 Dec 2013 6:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
I was wondering if anyone knows if there were or are Permission to emigrate from the Karlstein, Austria area? To the US in the 1800's or even still now?
My great grandmother was supposedly born in Austria but came to the US sometime in the 1800's because I have her married in Texas by the year 1896.

What was the protocol for leaving Austria in the 1800's ?
How did they get out of Austria if they didn't?
How do you find what church she or her family could have belonged to and where to exactly obtain those records online.
If not online How...where?

I am in search of my great grandmother's ancestry before marriage in the US in 1895(?) :

Name: Marie Anne Riehs (?) - spelling of last name may not be accurate and this is I'm sure the short version of her full given name of birth.

Born: June 17, 1871 - not sure if this date is entirely accurate but it is what I have listed.

Place: Karlstein, Austria - not sure if this is accurate either but it is what I have so far.

I hope someone on this board can shed some light Please? Anything helps.

Dawn

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions