Search for content in message boards

Cannot locate Grandmothers records

Replies: 1

Cannot locate Grandmothers records

Posted: 18 May 2014 10:23AM GMT
Classification: Immigration
Surnames: Apple, Jablonski, Uhrin
I'm hoping somebody can point me in the right direction...
I've been unable to locate any information about my grandmothers arrival in 1922. I know she boarded in Cherbourg in Sept 1922. I assume she arrived sometime in October.

My problem is that on her passport she has a couple of different names. On the front it says "Yanka Uhrin" but on other pages there is also "Johanna Uhrin" and "Johanna Theresa Uhrin". To make matters worse I believe her original birth year is 1892 but I think she somewhere along the line changed it to 1898. According to her sister (years later), she had changed it to be younger. The passport birthdate actually does appear to be tampered with!
According to her Naturalization certificate her name in "Johanna Theresa Apple" - my grandfathers name was originally Jablonski but was changed to Apple.

I haven't been able to get any information about her other than census information. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a next course of action for me as I hav not been able to get any information through the search tools (am I doing something wrong?)
THANK YOU for any help...
Glenn
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Glenn Apple 18 May 2014 4:23PM GMT 
Robert Jerin 25 May 2014 3:02AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic