Search for content in message boards

Lutzhoft Family in Paterson New Jersey

Replies: 2

Re: Lutzhoft Family in Paterson New Jersey

Posted: 16 May 2013 1:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you so much for your reply....after I posted this, I actually found his naturalization record in the Passaic County Clerks Office. According to this, he indeed was a fireman, so Theodor Christian Lutzhoft and Christian Lutzhoft must be the very same person. This record also states that he came to the US July 9th 1912 on the ship Hellig Olav from Copenhagen, and he was naturalized as an American citizen November 5th 1913.
I've also found his birth in Kongens Lyngby on March 13th 1884, but thanks once more....
I've also found him in the Politiregister, but as you have, only on Rebekkavej in 1906. I'm not quite sure yet if he's related to the Aksel Peter Lutzhoft Christiansen family, but I think so - the name Lutzhoft isn't very common in Denmark either.
Finally, no I don't have the surname on Eleanor Evelyn's mother...it only says Ellen Josephina when shes confirmed in Ugerlose Church in 1927. She was placed in fostercare with farmer Hans Christiansen and his wife Ane Kristine in Brandholt, Ugerlose parish in Denmark, after her parents died when she was very little. They are not related to Theodor Christian Lufthoft but might be to the mother ? I'm pretty sure now that Ellen Josephina must be Danish as Eleanor Evelyn is born 7½ months after Theodor Christian arrived at New York in July 1912. So most likely Ellen Josephina arrived together with him.

Again, thanks so much for your help and interest

Laila Dencker
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
laila_dencker... 16 May 2013 10:17AM GMT 
jojensagain 16 May 2013 6:45PM GMT 
laila_dencker... 16 May 2013 7:45PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions