Search for content in message boards

Did the ship SS Calfornia or Californian arrive Ellis Island in 1893-maybe Sept?

Replies: 3

Did the ship SS Calfornia or Californian arrive Ellis Island in 1893-maybe Sept?

Posted: 15 Apr 2011 9:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Apr 2011 8:54AM GMT
Surnames: Piispanen, Larson, Kinnunen,
I've been told that the SS California/Californian arrived in Ellis Island in 1893

I'm trying to find information about a passenger that was suppose to have been on that ship. I think sometime between July and Sept 1893. Name Lauri Piispanen, from Finland.
He was headed for Quincy MA-don't know who his sponsors may hve been. I'm trying to determine if this Lauri Piispanen was my great grandfather. Because I have also been told he was traveling alone and someone else told me his wife Susan Larson was with him. If this is true about Susan it would have been his 3rd wife, first two were Eva Kinnunen, and after she died Karoline Kinnunen who was the mother of my grandmother Sylvia Marie Piispanen and her sibblings. Two of those sibblings Impi and Vilheim immigrated in 1900 and joined family in Quincy MA

Also sometime around 1900 Susan's son John Larson immigrated and joined family in Quincy, but I don't know a thing about time(month etc)or which port he arrived at.

Any help resolving this would be very much appreciated.

My grandmother, her sibblings, father etc all came from Kivijarvi Finland. I'm not sure where Susan Larson was born who her parents or first husband(John's father) was.

My Nelson family also came from Kivijarvi Finland.
Sylvia m Alfred Nelson in 1908,in Quincy, and had my dad in 1909(he was an only child and was born in Quincy--Arvo Alfred Nelson(first and only child of theirs)

Impi m Onni Jutila from Finland and wound up in Niantic CT

Thank you again
Barbara
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bbn72 16 Apr 2011 3:13AM GMT 
BobNY 16 Apr 2011 4:05AM GMT 
BrianMartin62... 11 Jun 2013 8:44PM GMT 
BrianMartin62... 11 Jun 2013 9:54PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic