Search for content in message boards

Ship RMS Franconia, 1929, from Liverpool?

Replies: 3

Ship RMS Franconia, 1929, from Liverpool?

Posted: 28 Jul 2014 8:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: baumel
We found a naturalization document saying that my husband's grandmother, Molly/Mollie/Malie (MANY misspellings of her name!) Baumel/Baumohl sailed on the ship Franconia out of Liverpool and arrived at Ellis Island on December 20th of 1929. However, we were unable to find Ellis Island documents supporting this- There are only records of the Franconia arriving up until 1925. Malie's Naturalization documents state clearly that she arrived in 1929 on the Franconia. Also, after a bit of googling, we found records of a Walie Baumohl (Another misspelling, but definitely her) and an Abraham Baumohl (my husband's uncle) on a separate site also saying she arrived here in 1929. We were unable to access the records on that site without a membership, and the site itself seemed a little sketchy. Here's a link:

So, case in point, does anyone have passenger lists/records of the RMS Franconia arriving here in 1929? I've searched around a bit, but I haven't even been able to find anything saying that the ship HAD a voyage in 1929, much less whether Malie was on it. We really want to find out more about that side of my husband's family, but we don't even know the names of Malie's parents, so we're kind of at a loss!

Thanks for any help you can give!

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
AnnMarie Baum... 29 Jul 2014 2:35AM GMT 
ERhodes1135 29 Jul 2014 3:04AM GMT 
AnnMarie Baum... 29 Jul 2014 2:59PM GMT 
ERhodes1135 29 Jul 2014 11:03PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic