Search for content in message boards

Chatham, Kent, England to Buffalo New York about 1871-1972

Replies: 0

Chatham, Kent, England to Buffalo New York about 1871-1972

Posted: 17 Aug 2012 1:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Aug 2012 9:14AM GMT
Surnames: WILSON, Gibson ,JEFFERIES
I'm trying to find my Great-Grandfather's ship on which he sailed to the USA. I have him on the 1871 census in Kent
and then his supposed marriage in Buffalo NY in 1872 - a marriage notice - no number on it which makes me wonder if it is legal or if they simply ran to the USA and never married.
There was a child born in 1872 but again I cannot find a birth certificate nor a baptism for her. My Great-Grandfather is then in Bermuda and he married my Great-Grandmother.....Mary O. S. Gibson in 1877 stating him to be a widower at the time of marriage.

Henry John WILSON b.1849 in Portsea, Hampshire, England the son of William Wilson and Patience Louisa (Hill)
I have him on the 1871 census and signing the marriage certificate of his sister the same year along with his bride to be Susanna Jane Jefferies.
Then the certificate stating their marriage in June 1872 and the birth of their daughter Edith Louise Wilson born in Buffalo, NY in 1873.

WHERE DO I LOOK OTHER THAN ON ELLIS ISLAND TO FIND THEIR ENTRY INTO THE USA OR THEIR DEPARTURE FROM THE UK?
ANY HELP WOULD BE TERRIFIC.
Sincerely, Judy in Bermuda

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions