Search for content in message boards

Armand Hugenots to Southeast Pennsylvania - Early 1700's

Replies: 0

Armand Hugenots to Southeast Pennsylvania - Early 1700's

Posted: 26 Mar 2012 3:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Has anyone come across the name "Armand" as a Huguenot name? I read from a book on the D'Armand/Dearmond family that there were at least a couple families that settled in Lancaster, Dauphin and a couple other areas near there in the early 1700's. D'Armands/Dearmonds all descend from the Armand family of southeast France. At least the ones in the book, the ones I just listed, and most likely my own line.

The earliest mention I have found of my ancestor, William Armond/Arment was a 1712 deed fpr land in Delaware County PA. Nothing has been found of him before that date. He could have come over a few years before that, and from England, if not France. I also read that some Armands moved to the British Isles as early as the 1500's & 1600's. I was told by someone on the European/Walloon Immigration forum to try this one. My family may have gone to England in the late 1600's & William emigrating to the US about 1708 or 1710. Can anyone help?

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions