Search for content in message boards

Quarto Series Look-up

Replies: 0

Quarto Series Look-up

Posted: 4 Jul 2013 10:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
I found the following information in Volume LVIII of the Quarto Series, page 139,
"Consistory Minutes 1684
28 October
Matthias d'Uterk and his wife Anne, who have come from Cambrai, will be received into our communion. [9 November: they will make abj. today week.] footnote 1"

Footnote 1 " When they requested their temoignage the following year, the surname was spelt Duterque (FCL, MS 230, f.81r)."

I believe FCL refers to another manuscript, Requests for temoignages 1674-85, which if I'm reading it right is in Volume 50 of the Huguenot Society Quarto Series. Volume 50 is not available on CD.

If anyone has access to this volume and would please look up this record, I would greatly appreciate it.

The names in my line are
Mathieu duTarque and his wife, Anne Foulon.
Their son Lewis Dutarque and his wife, Christian Maria emigrated to Charleston, South Carolina. Christian Maria died in 1732. Lewis died in 1748.

I have found no records indicating that Mathieu and Anne ever came to Carolina.

Records indicate that Lewis was here by 1696 and that he was from Picardy. His children were born between 1704 and 1724 or possibly later. I don't have a birth/baptism record for the last child.

Thank you.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions