Search for content in message boards

Maguire/McGuire

Replies: 0

Maguire/McGuire

Posted: 28 Oct 2013 12:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am interested in how the many different branches of the Maguire/McGuire clan are connected to each other. It is a very common name, it would be interesting if the descendants of the different branches to join forces to find out how we are all connected to people like Hugh Maguire got example. My great great grandfather John McGuire was born in 1821 in Fermanagh, I believe his parents were Christopher and Bridget Maguire of Carrowhony, Aghalurcher. He emigrated to the United States in the late 1840's. Three of his children were born in New York City, including my Great Grandfather William Francis McGuire who was born in 1867. John and Margaret eventually moved to Black Hawk County, Iowa where he purchased an 80 acre farm in Black Hawk Township in 1869. A daughter Margaret was born in April 1870, the mother died in childbirth, the daughter eventually died in August 1870. John died in 1891 and William inherited the farm. I have found very little of his older brother Christopher (b. 1853). His brother George sold his share of the farm to William. George was married to Mary Dolan in 1892, William married her sister Margaret in 1891.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions