Search for content in message boards

Maria (Tuberosa) Calascione of Messina/Milazzo, Italy

Replies: 4

Re: Maria (Tuberosa) Calascione of Messina/Milazzo, Italy

Posted: 26 Sep 2013 9:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear Nicole, I just saw this post now! I am very excited, cause it seems like there MAY be some connection here. I will tell you what I know..... A little confusing, but.... Take a look at the name Maria Tuberosa, at www.EllisIsland.org Do a passenger search. She arrived from Milazzo Italy, on Nov 1, 1922 on the ship Napoli. She was born 1893. She was 29 upon arrival to America. She married a Salvatore Calascione, (my grandfather) who supposedly lived at 1176 ...It looks like...Longwood Avenue in the Bronx, New York....THERE ARE TWO LISTINGS FOR HER.... CLICK ON THE ONE THAT HAS ALL THE INFO THERE...LOOK FOR LINE # 13, THATS HER. AT THE END OF THAT LINE SOMEWHERE.....IT SAYS SHE ARRIVED IN AMERICA, WITH HER FOSTER MOTHER.....ANDREA Maiorana....WHICH IS SIMILAR TO THE CONNECTION NAME U mentioned....RIZZO AND Marjarana.! Maria Tuberosa, ....married Salvatore Calascione. She was the second wife. I was told, she was asked if she wanted to meet her real mother b4 coming to America, and she said no. They had two daughters...Josephine and (Concetta...being my mother). Now the funny part is...my grandfather Salvatore, supposedly married 3 times, and had 4 other children from his first wife...and the name Ignota was supposed to be the mother of those 4 other children. Ignota died young I heard, so my grandmother Tuberosa raised the other 4 kids, in addition to Josephine and Concetta...They were all very close. I'm sure I've confused the heck out of u by now, but that is what I know....We have been looking for answers all our lives. My name is Ursula by the way, and I was born after 18 yrs of marriage, so at this time....everyone has died....all 6 of the children, and a majority of the cousins have passed away as well. It sounds like there is some connection. If there is anything else u would like to know/ask....I will be checking this post frequently now....and doing more research on the information u have provided me...Thank u kindly :) Ursula :)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
urse 7 Dec 1999 12:02AM GMT 
franzRuvolo 5 Oct 2002 1:36PM GMT 
nicolewickam 17 May 2013 3:03AM GMT 
nicolewickam 17 May 2013 3:03AM GMT 
ursieursie200... 27 Sep 2013 3:59AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic