Search for content in message boards

Joseph DeSoto - Need Help with this Ancester

Replies: 0

Joseph DeSoto - Need Help with this Ancester

Posted: 25 Dec 2013 10:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DeSoto
I've hit a brick wall with my second great grandfather, Joseph Desoto, who was born in Italy in or around 1853. He came to American in or around 1874, and married a woman whose name I can only find as Jennie (no maiden surname found yet). Joseph & Jennie had a son named William (went by Bill), who was my great grandfather. It is possible that William (aka Bill) may have been adopted. William (aka Bill) Desoto grew up to marry Beatrice Huff, and the couple had two children (that I can find). One of them, Rozella Desoto, was my paternal grandmother. The other was William Joseph Desoto.

In talking with family members, there seems to be only a big question mark as to Joseph Desoto's family in Italy. No one knows why he immigrated, who he may have immigrated with, or who his parents were. It is rumored that he may have changed his name upon arriving in the States (which could make him nearly impossible to trace), and it is possible he came to America to escape family members who practiced a version of Christianity with which he did not agree.

Any tips, suggestions or help is welcome!

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions