Search for content in message boards

HELP! Kjel & Anna Tomassen Vangen Ship Record Search.

Replies: 1

HELP! Kjel & Anna Tomassen Vangen Ship Record Search.

Posted: 24 Apr 2013 5:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Tomassen, Kjelsen, Kjelsdatter, Midje, Vangen
I have been trying to locate my direct ancestors ship record for 5 years now, and have not had any luck with finding it. I am looking for Kjel sometimes spelt Kjeld Tomassen (Thompson) Vangen. They came from Vangen Norway so that was a part of their last name. The Family that came over together are as follows:

Father -Kjeld Tomassen Vangen he was born in 1830 so he was about 31 when he came.
Mother -Anne Thomassen Vangen (Maiden name Anne Johannesdatter Midje) she was born in 1829 so she was about 32 when she came over.

Daughter- Gjetlaug Kjelsdatter Vangen she was born in 1853 so she would have been about 8 years old when she came.

Son- Thomas Kjelsen Vangen he was born in 1858 so he would have been about 3 years old when he came.

Daughter- Gunhild Kjelsdatter Vangen she was born in 1860 so she would have been about 1 year old when she came.

Mother of Kjel- Gjetlaug Kjelsdatter Vangen she was born in 1794 so she would have been about 67 years old when she came.

It is believed that Gunhild passed away while coming over on the ship and was buried at sea. It would be nice to confirm this record and see for sure if there is a way to trace that.

All I know otherwise is that the family came to America in 1861 and settled in Minnesota. If anyone can help me locate their ship manifest I would be greatly appreciative of it. Any help would be great in this search, as I have tried and tried to find them! Help!

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jordanthompso... 24 Apr 2013 11:31PM GMT 
jwiborg1 23 Jun 2013 10:51PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions