Search for content in message boards

Need information about Julie Marie Johnsdatter Dullum Berge, born in Grong, Norway 1853 and emigrated in 1883

Replies: 0

Need information about Julie Marie Johnsdatter Dullum Berge, born in Grong, Norway 1853 and emigrated in 1883

Posted: 13 Mar 2014 7:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dullum Berge
Her name was Julie Marie Johnsdatter. Born in Grong in 1853. She emigrated to the USA through New York in 1883. In the Norwegian emigration papers she used the name Julie Marie Berg. Berg comes from the farm name Berge (Berre) in Grong, Norway. I think I find her in the census for 1885 in Hennepin, Minneapolis, Minnesota, under the name Julia Dullum. Dullum is the farm name that her father John Johnsen b. 1818, originally came from in Stjørdalen, Norway. The father never emigrated.

She travelled on the steamship Tasso from Trondheim, Norway to Hull, England.
The connecting steamship from Liverpool, England, to Castle Gardens, New York is possibly S/S City of Rome, arriving on the 17th of October 1883. I can not find her on the passenger list.

Her brother Gunerius Dullum b. 1856 and wife Christina came a year later in 1884 and I find them in a lot of US census, including 1900 in Otter Tail Minnesota. They travelled from Trondheim, Norway, to Hull, England on the steamship Hero. The connecting steamship I think is the S/S Britannic going from Liverpool, England, to Quebec, Canada.

I cannot find Julie(a) or her brother Gunerius with wife on any passanger list. Neither the Castle Island nor the Quebec search site. I can only find them leaving Norway to England.

Both their tickets were paid by in the USA, and as far as I know, by an uncle. None of the uncles on the father side ever emigrated to the USA. Possibly on the mother side.

Can anyone find these to siblings on any passenger list 1883-84. And what happened with Julia after the possible cencus match in 1885. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Find a board about a specific topic