Search for content in message boards

Rose Medvedieff

Replies: 9

Rose Medvedieff

Posted: 16 Aug 2011 2:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Aug 2011 1:30PM GMT
I am at a loss few years ago I started to look for my great Aunt on my grandfathers side which we all talked for many years and finally I found her death certificate, place she lived and where she died, but the biggest problem I have I can't find her naturalization paperwork which could be under her husband's which no body in my family knows his first name. I thought I can just search under Medvedieff but who knows if they screwed up the spelling when they had reregister Rose as a widow. I tried different way of spelling but know help, I even got genealogist to do a search thinking she has more access then I to all the archives. Here is what I know Rose (Rosalia) Medvedieff (Married name) (also was born in to Jewish orthodox family) Bograd (maiden name) she was Russian Jewish born in 1887 To Isadore Rasovski and Anna Bograd in Rostov on Don. Rose Married Medvedieff at age 18 and was studying to be an opera singer and was singing in an opera house and could of played in a Jewish theater, her husband was a prop man and wonderful painter at the theater. In 1917 the whole troop flew to New York to perform she was 27yrs old and they both asked US government if they can immigrate and they became American citizens in 1915. Then the trail is called I found that in 1930 she lived in Manhattan and rented a room from Rose Baron a 63yr old woman who rented out her place to Rose and another young gentleman that's also was Russian immigrant. Rose never remarried and didn't have any kids; she worked as insurance saleswoman for Equitable Insurance. Some time passed and Rose Baron passed away and Rose Medvedieff lived the rest of her live in her own apartment in Manhattan. That's all I know and I upset that I can't find any leads to the immigration papers because they didn't go through Ellis Island its hard to trace them specially when the last name could of been misspelled after her husband death. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mikhailraber 16 Aug 2011 8:39PM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 17 Aug 2011 2:42AM GMT 
mikhailraber 17 Aug 2011 9:10PM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 17 Aug 2011 9:21PM GMT 
mikhailraber 17 Aug 2011 9:39PM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 17 Aug 2011 9:59PM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 17 Aug 2011 10:01PM GMT 
mikhailraber 7 Feb 2013 5:49PM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 7 Feb 2013 5:53PM GMT 
mikhailraber 7 Feb 2013 6:15PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions