Search for content in message boards

Eckstrom family, Omaha

Replies: 2

Eckstrom family, Omaha

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 7:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
My mother recently passed away and we are in the process of emptying the flat etc. I remember my mother's and grandmother's stories about visitors from the US when my mother was I child, but I have not known their names until today when I found my grandparent's guestbook. The Eckstrom family: Reuben, Helga, Le Roy, Beverly and Glenn R. Eckstrom. There is also Anthony (?) Benson from Bigelow, Minnesota.

The Eckstroms seem to have visited my grandparents at least twice: august 1948 and september 1951. It seems like Helga and Anthony (?) Bigelow were able to write Swedish. The rest of the messages are in English. However, I remember my mother speaking about the father (who I think was Reuben E) speaking in Swedish to her.

At the time of the visits the Eckstroms lived in Omaha, Nebraska. The adress is written in the guest book too: 4955 Decatur St.

Does anyone here know more about the Eckstroms? I think they were related to my grandfather, but I am not sure. My grandfather's name was Ruben Johansson.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
annelisundkvi... 16 Jan 2013 2:14PM GMT 
falsterden 22 Feb 2013 2:44AM GMT 
falsterden 22 Feb 2013 3:02AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic