Search for content in message boards

Garrett Fugate Murder in Molus, KY

Replies: 3

Re: Garrett Fugate Murder in Molus, KY

Posted: 4 Jan 2010 1:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
I think Avery is my father's great uncle. I have been trying to find anything out about the Keyes family (which is also spelled Keys--my great grandmother's gravestone uses that spelling). I was shocked to see "Uncle Avery"'s name connected with a murder...I didn't know about it, and I am so sorry. My grandfather was murdered that same year (Walter Parsons) in Pineville by a first cousin. Rough times.
I discovered a WHOLE LOT about my grandfather's murder by going to EKU's library and searching out the newspapers on microfilm. I was able to copy articles that were printed in the papers as far away as Lexington. It was interesting to get the original take on the circumstances. If you're able to get to any KY libraries (college libraries tend to have most), you are likely to find the articles on Garrett's murder. You will need some dates, though, or it will be like the old needle in a haystack.
Let me know if you find anything. I'd be interested, since it seems my family was involved. Again, I am sorry for the affect all that must have had on your family.
--Susan Parsons Sumner
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Roseann Terri... 1 Nov 2008 1:47PM GMT 
ktak57 26 Dec 2009 2:13PM GMT 
pastorsuz 4 Jan 2010 8:41PM GMT 
LillieHensley... 29 Jan 2010 11:17PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions