Search for content in message boards

Moloney/Mccarten

Replies: 7

Re: Moloney/Mccartan

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 4:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Caroline,

I can see your dilemma in finding information about Christina and Simon Mullins, as I don’t believe there is any central agency in Ireland for old adoption records. Unfortunately, I have no experience with adoption records in Ireland. One of the things you can do however, is to post a message on Adoption Registry Connect for County Cork, asking if anyone knows what agencies in Cobh took in children whose parents could no longer support them. Adoption Registry Connect can be found at: http://www.adopteeconnect.com/p/a/1102

Also, based on your information I found the civil marriage index for Kenneth McCartan and Nuala C. Moloney at the FreeBMD and Ancestry.com websites. The marriage index shows that Kenneth and Nuala’s marriage was recorded in the Ealing (London) Registration District for the March quarter of 1863. I also found the birth indexes for their sons, Barry K. McCartan and Keith C. McCartan. Barry’s birth was recorded in Willesden, Middlesex and Keith’s in Ealing.

These indexes follow:

Marriages March Quarter 1963

McCartan Kenneth

Moloney Nuala C

District Where Registered: Ealing

Volume of Register: 5E

Page of Register: 453
____

England & Wales, Birth Index, 1916-2005

Name: Barry K Mccartan
Mother's Maiden Name: Moloney
Registration Date: Oct-Nov-Dec 1962
District Where Registered: Willesden
County of Registration: Middlesex
Volume of Register: 5f
Page of Register: 482
Source Information:
Ancestry.com. England & Wales, Birth Index, 1916-2005 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2008.

Original data: General Register Office. England and Wales Civil Registration Indexes. London, England: General Register Office.
____

England & Wales, Birth Index, 1916-2005

Name: Keith C Mccartan
Mother's Maiden Name: Moloney
Registration Date: Jan-Feb-Mar 1964
District Where Registered: Ealing
Inferred County: Greater London
Volume of Register: 5e
Page of Register: 218
Source Information:
Ancestry.com. England & Wales, Birth Index, 1916-2005 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2008.

Original data: General Register Office. England and Wales Civil Registration Indexes. London, England: General Register Office.
____

If you don’t already have the marriage record for Kenneth and Nuala or the birth records for Barry and Simon, please let me know and I can send instruction for obtaining them from the General Register Office (GRO) in Southport, England.

Sorry I couldn’t be of much help.

Kind Regards,

Dave
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
caroline molo... 27 Jan 2013 6:58PM GMT 
DaveBoylan 6 Feb 2013 4:45AM GMT 
caroline molo... 6 Feb 2013 9:30AM GMT 
DaveBoylan 7 Feb 2013 11:43AM GMT 
caroline molo... 14 Feb 2013 9:42AM GMT 
DaveBoylan 16 Feb 2013 10:57AM GMT 
kmccartan23 22 Jun 2013 2:50AM GMT 
mccartanchris... 22 Jun 2013 1:33PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions