Search for content in message boards

Looking for family VANDEPERRE (VAN DE PERRE), Belgian > USA

Replies: 2

Looking for family VANDEPERRE (VAN DE PERRE), Belgian > USA

Posted: 21 Apr 2003 4:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Nov 2012 6:07AM GMT
Maria Robyn was family of my mother Jeannine Robyn. Her grandfather Francois Robyn was Maria's brother. Their father was Alfons Robyn.
Maria was born on 15/04/1874 and got married with Jules Van de Perre, they lived in Borgerhout (near Antwerpen) untill Jules left for the USA. He arrived in NY on 13/05/1912 with the ship 'Lapland' from Antwerpen, Belgium. He was then 37 years old.
Maria and their 2 children, Antoon and Gabriela arrived in NY on 21/05/1913 with the ship 'Finland' from Antwerpen. Maria was then 39, Antoon was 16 and Gabriela 14 years old.
Their destination was 'their husband/father in Min., Hibbing.
An old photo from september 1947 (taken in Garden Grove, California) showes Maria, Jules and their 'oldest son, who is now a professor at the University of Santa Clara, California'. A name is not written though.
From Santa Clara I learned that a 'Clemens Van Perre' was a professor here. He taught French and was director of the band and orchestra, 1932-43, and 1946-1970. Additionally, he arranged several songs. He is the only 'Van de Perre' there.
Is he the son or not, I have no idea, because we thought Antoon was the oldest son...
Maria died on 05/12/1954 in Washington, Longview.
This is the last news that we ever received of them.
Can anyone please help us to find their children/grandchildren?
Thank you so much,
Katia Van Bocxlaer,
Brussels, Belgium.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
katia_vb 21 Apr 2003 10:01AM GMT 
roniwilhelm 8 Sep 2004 8:28PM GMT 
GabrielleQuoi... 20 Nov 2012 8:21AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic