Search for content in message boards

GRANTS of Glen Moriston, Inverness Scotland to NY to Glengarry Ontario

Replies: 55

Re: GRANTS of Glen Moriston, Inverness Scotland to NY to Glengarry Ontario

Posted: 19 Oct 2013 7:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Nancy: It is Oct. 2013 and I just found your post of March 2011! I'm not sure how to get your email so I'll leave you mine: sintaa@hotmail.ca. A number of years back I was made aware that I have (we) Native ancestry. for the longest time I kept trying to find out whose lands exactly were settled upon by our relations. I found a good site here today:
http://www.northglengarry.ca/en/communityinformation/resourc...
which gives a comprehensive history of the lands prior to contact. The Native ancestry does come through my father's side - clifford grant phillips. We don't know much of anything about his father so it is most likely passed on through the Grants. It goes far back. I'm trying to find out more about Nina Jane Ann Morgan 1815-1891, wife of Peter, who on pg 73 says she was born in the Montreal area but was from Martintown who seems to be of a different bloodline than the rest of the Grants and spouses. I'm really curious about John the Robber - who he was etc, so am going to look more into history through the Barbadoes. It is nice to connect with a relative. Be well. Cynthia
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
1_barbndon 7 Aug 2011 4:09AM GMT 
young1451 3 Jul 2014 12:50PM GMT 
evelyngoulet 6 Dec 2011 10:18PM GMT 
sintaa98 20 Oct 2013 1:02AM GMT 
shooter45acp 7 Jul 2010 10:15PM GMT 
UllaGrant 22 Sep 2010 3:29PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic