Search for content in message boards

Elijah Brown and Hannah Stafford, married 1820 at Ernestown

Replies: 0

Elijah Brown and Hannah Stafford, married 1820 at Ernestown

Posted: 10 Feb 2012 6:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Oct 2012 11:51AM GMT
I am looking for any information regarding Elijah Brown and Hannah Stafford. They were married September 4, 1820 in Ernestown by Rev. Robert McDowall.

I located Hannah Stafford Brown in the 1852 and 1862 Censuses. She was a widow in each Census. Sometime before 1870, she emigrated to Will County, Illinois, where she lived with her daughter, Hester Ann McAllister.

I am descended from Elijah and Hannah's daughter, Hannah Rebecca, who married David Main in 1857 in Portland Township. They, too, emigrated to the United States before 1870.

I have family information that Elijah Brown and Hannah Stafford had eight children. I have established five children (Sylvester, Hester Ann, Solomon, William John, and Hannah Rebecca) and possibly a sixth (Calvin).

Any information at all regarding these Brown and Stafford families in Upper Canada would be greatly appreciated. I wonder if Elijah Brown could have been a Loyalist. Many of his children's census records records his place of birth as New York.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions