Search for content in message boards

Lewis Ettinger

Replies: 7

Re: Lewis Ettinger

Posted: 12 Oct 2012 6:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ettinger
Bill,

I know the designation applied to those that settles in Nova Scotia (and also what later became New Brunswick) since earlier this year I was able to confirm the connection to a Loyalist that settled in Parrtown.

In my personal opinion (and I'm sure others will correct me if I'm wrong) but the Loyalist lists from UELAC is not an all encompassing, 100% complete list. If you can provide proof that he fits into one of the following categories (http://www.uelac.org/membership.php) then you will most likely be able to apply for the UE designation as a descendant.

- Either male or female, as of 19 April 1775, a resident of the American colonies, and joined the Royal Standard prior to the Treaty of Separation of 1783, or otherwise demonstrated loyalty to the Crown, and settled in territory remaining under the rule of the Crown; or
- a soldier who served in an American Loyalist Regiment and was disbanded in Canada; or
- a member of the Six Nations of either the Grand River or the Bay of Quinte Reserve who is descended from one whose migration was similar to that of other Loyalists.

From http://www.familytreecircles.com/introduction-to-the-ettinge... that site states, "Lewis ETTINGER, a German, immigrated to Pennsylvania, USA. There he joined the 10th Company of the 2nd Battalion of the 84th Regiment of Foot Soldiers. This occurred about December 1782." The challenge then becomes locating the proof needed by UELAC to establish the claim that he did reside in Pennsylvania and he joined the 84th Regiment of Foot.

Best of luck,
Ken McKinlay
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
piperwilly 10 Oct 2012 10:44PM GMT 
kmweb1 13 Oct 2012 12:02AM GMT 
piperwilly 13 Oct 2012 4:01AM GMT 
CalBarb1954 24 Jul 2013 1:05PM GMT 
piperwilly 30 Jul 2013 2:37AM GMT 
CalBarb1954 30 Jul 2013 7:38PM GMT 
piperwilly 30 Jul 2013 11:26PM GMT 
CalBarb1954 31 Jul 2013 11:12AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions