Search for content in message boards

PATRIOTISM - 365 DAYS A YEAR!

Replies: 4

Re: PATRIOTISM - 365 DAYS A YEAR!

Posted: 20 Oct 2009 7:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
I just read this post that you placed on here just following the 9/11/2001 attacks in N.Y. Amazingly. It was the time when we as Americans, not Italian Americans, Polish American, African Americans, but AMERICANS, stood together, in one voice, arm and arm, embrassing Patriotism for the country that we love, and that we are so Blessed and Proud to be citizens of, and rightly so. How sad that, it is usually in time of great tragedy, that we open up and assess the things that are really of true importance, and forget the things that are so petty and unproductive. Why doesn't this feeling of pride and love toward our fellow man follow on as it should from these times? By doing geneology, I believe we get an understanding that although, we as people on this great Earth, may live thousands of miles apart, on different sides of the world, we still are human beings, with families, and past generations, and stories of yester-year. We are so much more like our fellow man than not, yet we all try to "one up" each other. I hope that my nephew will grow to see a more kinder world, a more peaceful world, and a more understanding world in his lifetime. I think we all hope for this for the children in our lives. I pray the world heals, and becomes this better place that I can only dream and pray for in the future. God BLess AMERICA...and God Bless all the human race.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Llewellyn Jon... 16 Sep 2001 8:00PM GMT 
Carol M. Meadows 16 Sep 2001 10:49PM GMT 
Lynne Jones 17 Sep 2001 12:16AM GMT 
pam richardson 17 Sep 2001 2:32AM GMT 
karennagle041... 21 Oct 2009 1:11AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions