Search for content in message boards

I Pray

Replies: 1

Re: I Pray and now London too

Betty Bryan (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2005 6:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Patty,

Don't think we need know any of them to feel the same pain. My children are grown but have grandchildren old enough should the draft come back.

The only thing I know is the heartache that remains all your life from changes in our lives when loved ones go. I know it did me & my families.

Just lost someone very close to my heart that was never the same after VietNam. I seem to have family that has been in every war thru the generations.

Do I like it, no, but am proud of the sacrifices made to give us the freedom we have. I tried to join the service, but my old fashioned father had control of that in those days. By the time I was of age, my life had gone another way. Nothing of importance life threatening was happening & I remained home.

Feel the pain & fear dear, say a prayer for someone you don't know, some need it, Anyone in service would be glad for it.

We see emails fly all over we find we don't agree & look at the changes being made to accomadate others. My family & others fought for the rights we have to send these messages. The cost is high, money won't buy it, watching it happen everyday on TV & other modes of communications, doesn't do what needs be done.

I have family & friends now seving their country. One of the happenings that started after 911 in Iraq was knowing one of our own in our uniform tried to kill those he knew & promised to be by their side & guard them with his life. This was a part of our volunteer forces.

I have lived in Ohio, so I know some are different, but it doesn't matter. We here at home have a duty too. Being aware of our surroundings. The government isn't a foriegn power, it's US. If you don't like politics & speeches, that's who we are. We make choices, if we let others do it, that's what you really need fear.

I was alive when our government decided to change our Pledge To The Flag. ONE NATION UNDER GOD, we came to this country for religious freedom & many before us gave their lives so that all of us had a RIGHT of choice.

Finding you on this board could mean you are searching your family history. I wasn't aware of this particular board, but sure could have used it when my President was killed in Dalllas. Fear, anger, etc ran through my veins even with all the violence thereafter.

Just like an "I'm Sorry Now" doesn't heal the wound caused to those having served our Country or loving it, someone has to make the scarifice to fight for it.

I don't like the killing of anything, but that doesn't keep me from killing something to eat. There is as much a life in a weed as an animal or me, but here again are our choices.

Oh, I just best quit, but don't you stop praying, it could be the Answer for we all Pray.

And you do know us, you see some of us all the time. It's not even close to the ways of yesteryear. I can remember no locked doors, trusting your neighbor, and being able to go for a walk greeting everyone.

I've been abroard, never ever thibking I would feel the need, but when I retuned,I did kiss this ground. I did see differences, but not saying I am better, I have my choices too.
I had a new respect for something I took for granted. Had it not been a free trip, I would never had gone.

Thanks everyone
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Patty 15 Sep 2001 12:42AM GMT 
Betty Bryan 17 Jul 2005 12:51PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions