Search for content in message boards

Polycystic Kidney Disease - Mulder/Bijman Descendants

Replies: 0

Polycystic Kidney Disease - Mulder/Bijman Descendants

Posted: 18 Feb 2012 8:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Mar 2012 10:45AM GMT
Surnames: Mulder, Bijman, Magre, aan't Goor
I have PKD which I can trace back through my maternal ancestors back to one of my great grandparents, Henry John Mulder or his wife, Charlotte Bijman. Since Charlotte died at a MUCH earlier age (about 63) than Henry John (he lived to about 100), I suspect it was Charlotte who carried the pkd gene. Charlotte's parents were Aalt Bijman (Byman) and Drisje (Catherine) aan't Goor. These people immigrated from the Netherlands in the 1860s to the area of Ridgewood-Midland Park, NJ. Charlotte had two sisters who had many children. They were Hendrikje (Annie) Van den Berg and Eibertje (Ebbie) Hoksbergen. Ebbie relocated within a few years of her arrival to the Pella, Iowa area. If any descendent of any of these women also have PKD, please let me know.

I'm just trying to trace the disease. The prevalence in my family seems to be greater than the 50% chance they say you have in studies. The plus is that we are not normally diagnosed until much later in life (possible PKD2) and fewer people have had to go through dialysis or a transplant.

Thank you.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions