Search for content in message boards

Richard Mansfield connected with Lancelot Mansfield/Anne Eure

Replies: 17

Richard Mansfield connected with Lancelot Mansfield/Anne Eure

Posted: 4 Jun 2010 2:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello:

I am hoping that someone can help me with this inquiry. I am descended from Richard Mansfield who settled in New Haven Ct in 1639. I am trying to ascertain if he is connected with a John Mansfield who settled in Charlestown, MA around 1634/1635. John Mansfield is descended from Lancelot Mansfield and Anne Eure-it is through the Eure line that he is descended from Edward III. Some have identified Richard as a brother of John Mansfield who emigrated to Charlestown, but I don't think this is the case. Others have identified Richard as the son of John Mansfield and Isabel Leigh. John married to Isabel is the son of Ralph Mansfield who was the son of Lancelot Mansfield and Anne Eure. I believe that Richard could be the son of John and Isabel who were married in 1606 in Cheshire. This would be about the proper time frame for Richard's birth. In the "Descendants of Richard Mansfield" it mentions that a Mr. Marshall aided John Mansfield in emigrating to Charlestown and that this might be the same James Marshall who sold his possessions to Richard Mansfield in New Haven which means that Richard and John could possibly be related.
The only real info I have for Richard is a copy of the register from St. Mary Arches Church in Exeter, England showing the marriage on 8/10/1636 between Richard Mansfeld (note the different spelling) and Jilian Drake (it is spelled Gillian in the genealogy.)

I have tried everything I can think of to find documentation and have come up short. If there is anyone who has any information or who could suggest a path to follow, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks,

Beth Mansfield
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ElizabetMansf... 4 Jun 2010 8:55PM GMT 
dnpaddock 29 Oct 2010 9:27PM GMT 
ElizabetMansf... 29 Oct 2010 10:22PM GMT 
robertmansfie... 24 May 2011 11:44PM GMT 
ElizabetMansf... 25 May 2011 9:51AM GMT 
robertmansfie... 25 May 2011 9:42PM GMT 
ElizabetMansf... 26 May 2011 2:24AM GMT 
ilikebees23 25 Mar 2012 4:39AM GMT 
carriehuot 14 Feb 2013 1:05AM GMT 
AliCarmel 16 Dec 2013 12:29AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions