Search for content in message boards

Is there a way to keep track of what you know / dont know?

Replies: 4

Is there a way to keep track of what you know / dont know?

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 5:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,
Weird question here and I'm not really sure how to ask it...but is there a way to keep track of what you have found and havent found for people in your family tree? I have a few hundred people so far in my tree and now that I think about it, I don't have lots of information for many of them...be it birth, death, various locations...weddings...etc. I've been thinking about creating an excel spreadsheet or word document so that I can have various blank entries (dates of birth and death, locations of birth and death...children...etc) that I can fill in with documentation or proof of a birth or death...etc, but that seems very complicated. With so many people on my tree...I'd like to be able to go back and look for documentation or proof on various things...but Im not sure how to keep track of who has what, and who doesnt. It would be nice to sit down and say "Ok...I know Salley doesnt have a death date...I want to look for that"..etc.
Any suggestions? Thanks!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ziggystyles 10 Dec 2012 12:53AM GMT 
cpcoan13 11 Dec 2012 10:05AM GMT 
Garry Beresfo... 21 Jan 2013 4:55PM GMT 
Garry Beresfo... 21 Jan 2013 4:57PM GMT 
mysterj1 5 Mar 2013 10:38PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions