Search for content in message boards

RE: Loyalist Units: Westchester Refugees; Butler's, Roger's, Hayden's King's Rangers

Replies: 6

Re: Where to find - Loyalist Units: Westchester Refugees; Butler's, Roger's, Hayden's King's Rangers

Carol Anne Shiels (View posts)
Posted: 23 Mar 2005 5:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Loyalist ancesters
Pardon my ignorance, but what are the MacDonald Papers?

I was hoping to find when and where they enlisted and any data that might provide clues to their service, battles, locations etc.

You are correct in citing that the United Empire Loyalist related websites are better than those of the American Patriots.
Tracing down very little information such as a date, location, unit names or leaders can lead to understanding our ancestors. A single battle referance lead me to discover a Lt Col ancestor's monument in upstate NY. I would never have thought to look there otherwise.
Another obscure referance to a death location, which I thought was in Maine, may well be near Plattsburg, NY. The date of intestate probate - April 29,1777, Maine. Did this ancestor die during the Northern Campaign in the Revolutionary War? Only time will tell.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Carol Anne Shiels 6 Mar 2005 6:37PM GMT 
R_mesnard 23 Mar 2005 8:40PM GMT 
Carol Anne Shiels 24 Mar 2005 12:24AM GMT 
R_mesnard 24 Mar 2005 3:39PM GMT 
Myrt :) 3 May 2005 11:55AM GMT 
sramm1963 11 Jan 2010 4:40AM GMT 
susancox1059 18 Apr 2012 8:53PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions