Search for content in message boards

Research checklist

Replies: 2

Re: Research checklist

Posted: 11 Mar 2012 6:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
I've been creating my own checklist - but I was here on the boards looking for recommendations and example checklists also. I did quite a bit of research on my tree back in the '90s and I'm just now getting back into it - and this time I'm going to include sources. (I can't believe I didn't do that back then!) So, to keep me from checking the same docs over and over, and to make sure I haven't missed anything ( ! ), I'm created a checklist. I figure it's going to be a work in progress as I discover new sources. I also plan to attach source docs to my tree and print them as well - sometimes a piece of paper in front of you is better. And of course, I'll keep a folder on each person, color-coded either red or blue to indicate which side of the family I'm working on. OCD? Maybe! But part of the fun for me is the organizing!

I've started with a list of census records (with some basic info fields), vital records (birth, death, marriage, wills, etc.), passenger lists, military records, and land records. Probably just scratching the surface, but as I said, it'll probably be a work in progress!

Main thing - have fun! Enjoy the puzzle and the pursuit. You can always go back and do more later, so don't worry about missing things. :-)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
au1984 25 Feb 2012 3:01AM GMT 
mwest1963 12 Mar 2012 12:00AM GMT 
Kanithia52 10 Sep 2013 2:09PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions