Search for content in message boards

Consistent use of maiden name

Replies: 2

Re: Consistent use of maiden name

Posted: 12 May 2012 11:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you Cyndi! I appreciate your help and heartily agree that all those discoveries you make, large or small, are a large part of what makes this so interesting and fun.

I keep my tree private because I agree that relationships should be firmly established rather than just putting potentially incorrect information out there. The consequences of that can grow exponentially over time as others copy that information into their trees, a practice that makes information in public trees suspect until proven otherwise. I always check the sources of information in other trees, but sometimes a certain branch seems very likely to be correct and I incorporate it "provisionally" to mark an area that needs further study. I'll keep my tree on Ancestry private until everything is verified sufficiently, or until Ancestry provides the ability to mark individual branches private within a public tree. Got to add that to the Ancestry.com wish list.

Thanks again for your quick response and help.

Bruce
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DuneSkier 12 May 2012 2:57PM GMT 
cyndi308 12 May 2012 5:06PM GMT 
DuneSkier 12 May 2012 5:30PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions